Monday, April 16, 2012

"The Best Cloud Storage Service" Our Review

Hey guys, Jordan here, once again with Tech 4 U, today we are going to be taking a look at cloud storage services, the best of the best, and all the information that comes with them, this will be divided up in different parts, maybe weekly? Today I am going to talk about the top two: Dropbox & iCloud.
Lets start with iCloud:
iCloud is a service run by Apple (obviously) and it allows you to share files between your Mac, PC & iOS devices, seeing that it's run by Apple it is not compatible with Android & the PC version isn't as nice as the Mac version, this is the most used because, I mean, nearly everybody has an iOS device, well Android is the cheapest but still I would think Apple are more popular.I mean, that's just my take.Next we are definitely going to see something like this from Google, you might be like "Oh Jordan, you idiot Google already have a cloud service" (troll face).Yes, well you are right, Google Cloud Connect is by Google and does have the word cloud in it troll, but thats not for file sharing, well it technically is, but it is made for sharing Microsoft Office docs & creating them with other people, it's "Microsoft Office:Multiplayer", similar to Microsoft Skydrive, yet Skydrive is for file sharing also.Let's move on:
Dropbox is probably the most popular cloud storage service out there, coming with free storage also (most of these if you didn't already know cost money for space) it's currently what I use, it's also great for hosting websites.Dropbox is everywhere, Mac, PC, Linux,iOS & Android, it's great.To be honest I would have always thought that this would be something that Google would aquire.Like I mentioned Google are next & if Google buy Dropbox we know I said it :-).I actually heard about Dropbox from Machinima when I was on Realm,  so let's do a score:
iCloud: 7 1/2 (some limitatations) Dropbox 10/10 (the whole package)
So, what do you guys think, leave a comment-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment